VintageDutch
Active Member
Last day of January I gave myself a little present...
Bought a Pioneer SX 590 Receiver to do up and get familiar with the Pioneer Receiver brand...
Bought with 2 flaws... FM tuner did not always work the seller told me..
And the black Vinyl "veneer" on the sides is coming off...
I thought € 100,-- not a high price to pay to get educated on the Pioneer brand...
Today I hooked it up.... Switched on... FM... It Worked!
Well... that was a surprise... When I bought it FM did not work...
SO open up sesame!!! First inspection... sure as can be... 3 dry solder joint...
Did the "almighty Cam in phone zoom in, check every soldering joint" thing...cleaned the Tuner varicap and Signal path Switches... the rest looks and feels just fine so I Carried it to my living room and hooked it up ......
That thing plays very nice!, FM AM... all crystal clear... FM in Stereo o o o o...
Hooked up my movie party box (Movie stream laptop) nice... very nice...
Hooked up my old Grundig TurnTable....Fell of my chair!
What a stage! I could almost touch mr. Bill Whither while playing Live at Carnegie Hall. And that is not the best recording ever...But it is Soul-full and creates a stage and setting...
I say that Pioneer is a keeper... I am deeply impressed.
Tomorrow I will hook up my SACD .... and Treat my self to some lovely Diana Krall, some "slik rick" Eagles and old time favorite regular cd Supertramp, top it off with some BB-King
I'm am wondering... It plays well....sounds gooooood...no hums noises or hisses...Should I recap Anyhow?
I really don't bother about the cost. I just don't find a reason at this point for a recap and signal path Cap upgrade...
Is someone brave enough to tell me to go ahead and regardless what do the recap... Just for the fun and see if listing pleasure can be further enhanced?
Or should I just let it sink in a little.... "burn in" a bit ... Enjoy it and then reconsider a Recap?
Your ideas and thought are highly appreciated.
Bought a Pioneer SX 590 Receiver to do up and get familiar with the Pioneer Receiver brand...
Bought with 2 flaws... FM tuner did not always work the seller told me..
And the black Vinyl "veneer" on the sides is coming off...
I thought € 100,-- not a high price to pay to get educated on the Pioneer brand...
Today I hooked it up.... Switched on... FM... It Worked!
Well... that was a surprise... When I bought it FM did not work...
SO open up sesame!!! First inspection... sure as can be... 3 dry solder joint...
Did the "almighty Cam in phone zoom in, check every soldering joint" thing...cleaned the Tuner varicap and Signal path Switches... the rest looks and feels just fine so I Carried it to my living room and hooked it up ......
That thing plays very nice!, FM AM... all crystal clear... FM in Stereo o o o o...
Hooked up my movie party box (Movie stream laptop) nice... very nice...
Hooked up my old Grundig TurnTable....Fell of my chair!
What a stage! I could almost touch mr. Bill Whither while playing Live at Carnegie Hall. And that is not the best recording ever...But it is Soul-full and creates a stage and setting...
I say that Pioneer is a keeper... I am deeply impressed.
Tomorrow I will hook up my SACD .... and Treat my self to some lovely Diana Krall, some "slik rick" Eagles and old time favorite regular cd Supertramp, top it off with some BB-King
I'm am wondering... It plays well....sounds gooooood...no hums noises or hisses...Should I recap Anyhow?
I really don't bother about the cost. I just don't find a reason at this point for a recap and signal path Cap upgrade...
Is someone brave enough to tell me to go ahead and regardless what do the recap... Just for the fun and see if listing pleasure can be further enhanced?
Or should I just let it sink in a little.... "burn in" a bit ... Enjoy it and then reconsider a Recap?
Your ideas and thought are highly appreciated.