• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Parents were Squares!

Teenagers in your parent's cohort had Pat Boone and Perry Como shoved down their collective ears, so anything they managed to find that was real music was worth respecting.
 
Mormon Tabernacle Choir - multiple records.
Ed Ames
Jim Nabors
Pat Boone
Readers Digest, easy listening collections
Large console in living room, with shag carpet that showed the mowing lines, and gave away any "unauthorized use" of the record player.
 
I can remember my parents being into a lot of 50's (Elvis, Paul Anka, Buddy Holly) and my mom being into more 70's stuff that was new when I was a kid (Helen Reddy, Glen Campbell, Linda Ronstadt). I can also remember some Liberace records being around. I was into most of it as a kid and have sought out those records in more recent years. Great memories can be brought back when hearing something you heard a lot as a child, but haven't heard since (provided, of course, that you had an enjoyable childhood - which I'm hoping most did).

When I was 10 or 11 they bought me an 8 track player and my first 4 eight tracks... which I believe were: Aerosmith - Rocks, Kiss - Rock and Roll Over, Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive and Supertramp - Crime of the Century. So I was well on my way.


My second batch - a couple of years latere - which I think they'd picked out for me as well, included to the best of my recollection: Bad Company - Desolation Angels, Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits, Supertramp - Breakfast in America, Kiss - Love Gun, Kiss Destroyer.
 
Back
Top Bottom