• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Upgrade Philosophy/An Upgrade I'm Considering

audioman356

Member
So currently live on a fixed income. When making audio purchases I try to look for the most most bang for the buck. I've realized that if I don't like the sound of my system, the most obvious place to start is with my speakers. They're the closest component to my ears. A while back I upgraded to a set of Infinities from my Celestion F10s I wanted more low-end. Well I definitely got what I desired.

As far as my amp, I'm driving them with an AudioSource Amp 100. I'm currently very pleased with it's sound. I'd describe it's sound as neutral. It really lets the sound of whatever pair of speakers it's driving shine through.

I'm currently considering purchasing a Schitt Modi DAC for my computer. I do so much of my listening on it, it makes sense. I listen to either FLACs or streaming.
 
Register to hide this ad
I really like that AS Amp 100. For a "chip-amp", it sounds good. The TDA7293 uses a DMOS FET output, and sounds great as long as you don't push it too hard. You also have to understand how to use it properly. Input "2" is the main input. On the newer version, they actually relabeled it "Main."

Others can speak to the Schiit DAC, but I've only read positive reviews of it. Here and elsewhere. Enjoy.
 
The new Modi is great, so is the JDS Labs Atom+ DAC. You can't go wrong with either. Slightly different feature set.
 
Schiit currently has a couple Modi 3's, as well as a Magni on their B-stock list.

I have an original modi 3 connected to a Schiit Magni headphone amp for my computer listening. Both work great.
 
Back
Top Bottom