• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My vintage/modern mashup, now with tubes 'n horns!

Beautiful system! Really. :thmbsp:

Your Fisher 500C is the "cat's meow", I have one and it's a keeper, enjoy it.

Your Empire turntable is on my wish-list, perhaps one day.... but I have my share of TT's.

From all your equipment, the one thing that stood out was the cartridge on your turntable ..... the Clearaudio Aurum Classic.

I have one, and consider it to be one of the best sounding carts I ever heard (for the price).

Enjoy your system.

:thmbsp:
 
That system turned out beautifully. Glad to see it finished.

Can you post a close up of how you have the horns mounted/spiked?
 
That system turned out beautifully. Glad to see it finished.

Can you post a close up of how you have the horns mounted/spiked?

The front is just two 1" strips of oak, glued together so that the center and two side screw holes can be used. Rear is just a little 6x6" oak stand, spiked, and the single upright is a turnbuckle with a 2" machine screw in the top for horn angle adjustment.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4019.jpg
    IMG_4019.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
Wow, man! Really really wow. You've done some very nice work, and I bet it sounds sublime!

Nice.
 
Beautifully crafted custom system!!!!!!!!

Agree with others, the crossover is a work of art. Perhaps a cage to protect it? Seems a bit exposed, then again I have four kids that would probably damage it sooner or later. :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom