• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Yamaha PX-2 is finally up and running

TForan

Active Member
After years of sitting around and out of commission, I sent my PX-2 off to Professor Bizzt. It needed extensive work on account of attempted repairs in the past.

Alan got it working like new. It wasn't cheap but well worth it to me. He is also a pleasure to do business with.
 
Register to hide this ad
:thmbsp:
Alan is definitely the go to guy for linear trackers. My PX-3 operates flawlessly after he did his magic on it. I have the good fortune of living close so I delivered it in person. :music:
 
I did his counterweight mod and couldn't be happier with the result, his instructions were impeccable, and even a beginner like me sailed thru the rather delicate procedure. A post op glass of single malt to calm the nerves afterward, and a very noticeable increase in focus and soundstage stability as the result, plus my backup px-3 gained a real counterweight that day :)
 
After years of sitting around and out of commission, I sent my PX-2 off to Professor Bizzt. It needed extensive work on account of attempted repairs in the past.

Alan got it working like new. It wasn't cheap but well worth it to me. He is also a pleasure to do business with.

Congratulations! Would you share some pics with us?
 
Wow glad to hear he is still working his magic as well. I live pretty close as well, just on the coast. My PX2 needs a bit of work on the main big belt when trying to cue it sometimes stops for second you have to give it a little nudge. Maybe he would PM me if he would like to take a look at mine, I could drive it over and pic it up as I hate shipping these things.

Yeah show us some pics!
 
Congratulations! Would you share some pics with us?[/QUOTE


xn1f0zGl.jpg
 
Wow glad to hear he is still working his magic as well. I live pretty close as well, just on the coast. My PX2 needs a bit of work on the main big belt when trying to cue it sometimes stops for second you have to give it a little nudge. Maybe he would PM me if he would like to take a look at mine, I could drive it over and pic it up as I hate shipping these things.

Yeah show us some pics!

Most of the time that can be remedied by unscrewing the belts from the bottom of the tonearm mechanism, turning them over, and reattaching. Usually caused by the rubber taking a set from sitting unused for awhile. Every couple years mine will start to catch as the arm moves to cue a record, this has fixed it every time so far.
 
:thmbsp:
Alan is definitely the go to guy for linear trackers. My PX-3 operates flawlessly after he did his magic on it. I have the good fortune of living close so I delivered it in person. :music:

me too :thmbsp:
My PX-3 and others are in his queue.
 
Back
Top Bottom