• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery cartridge and headshell.

Jay Pemberton

Active Member
I found this pickup and headshell in a box with other miscellaneous phono parts that was recently given to me. I can't identify the headshell or what kind of arm it was made for; the cartridge is an Electro-Voice of some kind. It's an early stereo model (3 pins instead of 4) by the looks of it.

Can anyone tell me what I have here? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSCI2946.jpg
    DSCI2946.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCI2947.jpg
    DSCI2947.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCI2949.jpg
    DSCI2949.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCI2951.jpg
    DSCI2951.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
It looks like an EV 21 stereo ceramic cartridge. I'm having a tough time finding another pic of one. The headshell...I have no idea:dunno:

J.R.
 
I have no idea either but that headshell has a VTA adjustment feature. Pretty freakin' cool!

John
 
Maybe this applies(taken from Google Books, Oct. 1958 Popular Mechanics mag):
 

Attachments

  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom