• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery Klipsch Speakers on CL

Wolfwood

In the Valley of the Sun
I ran across this ad on the local CL... There are a couple older klipsch speakers in the ad , check it out http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/2806086657.html ( no affiliation ) The dude actually spraypainted pandas holding guns onto the grilles ! Now ive seen it all ! But really folks, anyone know which model speakers they are ? Im stumped but admittingly , im not the biggest klipsch follower either.
 
Register to hide this ad
They really do not look like Klipsch speakers,too tall and narrow to be Heresy's.
Not big enough to be any other Vintage Klipsch speaker.
IMO
 
guess theres no hurt in calling him , brb with more info... just called twice, just got error messages ! ack , this ones gonna be buggin me all day !
 
Last edited:
Man ... if this is another AR find it would be nice , Last AR's I got ahold of on CL were original AR3's 8 / 10 condition, all drivers worked $40 !
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0172.jpg
    IMAG0172.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 40
I saw that ad, I didn't get interested enough to pursue it any further. I didn't recognize them as any Klipsch I was familiar with.
 
They arent klipsch. Dont know what he was thinking naming them klipsch, I just learned they are model number XIa Rectilinear Speakers worth about 80 bucks in mint condition these days.
 
In the CL guy's defense, he calls them Klipsh, not Klipsch.

So no we know. They are not Klipsch, but Klipsh. Everyone happy? Carry on.

:D
 
why yes it is sir. I was inspired to make the stencil out of a cardboard box after I saw Exit through the gift shop. Some people may think its stupid... but it actually took me a while to do.
 
why yes it is sir. I was inspired to make the stencil out of a cardboard box after I saw Exit through the gift shop. Some people may think its stupid... but it actually took me a while to do.

I thought it was Banksy.

Exit through the gift shop is a great movie.
 
One of his lesser-knowns. I was hoping whoever bought the speakers would be someone who realized it was his work, and admired it.
 
Back
Top Bottom