• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery Seas Driver on eBay. Any information welcome.

Paderewski

New Member
Hello- Saw these drivers on an eBay post.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ntPage=ReplyToMessages&receiverId=acefoto&x=y

I could not find anything on line about them. I contacted the seller who said they were takeouts from a Tangberg Video Conferencing System. The nearest match that he could find was an H1141 L15RLY P
http://www.seas.no/images/stories/prestige/pdfdatasheet/H1141_L15RLY_P_Datasheet.pdf
But the seller said there are major differences (?) in the outward appearances between the two drivers. Both have aluminum cones and phase plugs. The seller lists them as part of the Prestige series.

Are any of you Seaophiles out there acquainted with this driver?

Paderewski
 
Register to hide this ad
SEAS typically makes very nice drivers- for the $$ listed these could well be a good purchade!
DC
 
What is your plan for this driver? AK member "baco99" has several high quality drivers around this size- talk t him and compare. You would be well surprised!
DC
 
I planned to build a two-way system using two of these seas drivers with an active L-R crossover at 1200 hz. to a 1970's Heil Air Motion Transformer. Will combine later with a sub. Since la very ow end response will not be needed with the seas I figure that not knowing itsT-S parameters for the perfect box alignment may not be that critical. Of course, I could be all wrong.
 
correction...
I planned to build a two-way system using two of these seas drivers with an active L-R crossover at 1200 hz. to a 1970's Heil Air Motion Transformer. Will combine later with a sub. Since a very low end response will not be needed from the seas I figure that not knowing it'sT-S parameters for the perfect box alignment may not be that critical. Of course, I could be all wrong.
 
Hmmmm interesting! Are you wanting to use two of these per cabinet, with an AMT as the tweeter and and active crossover set around 1.2khz- correct?
DC
 
Yes. That's right. Have not yet determined which pre-amp and power amps to use. I have a number to choose from. Mostly solid state built in the last Millennium. Will have to audition the usual suspects. Aluminum cones are known for being spiky in the 8 to 11 k range. My 4th order L-K crossover should take care of most of this. Plus my 60 plus hearing loss should help too.
 
Back
Top Bottom