• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Mystery speakers, any help?

t43Dud3

New Member
Hey there, I wouldn't pretend to know a lot, but I try. I came across these, and for the price I figured it was worth the gamble if they suck alas I have no idea what they are or whom by except this logo no other markings. Nicer older speakers posts, white woofer no id on the tweeter from the back end. Does anyone know these or this? Weigh a solid 50 without completely disassembling I figured I'd ask before I go further! Thanks in advancePXL_20221030_153900434.jpg PXL_20221030_153854917.jpg PXL_20221030_153919397.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I've seen that logo before.
And as happens at least 50% of the time I can't remember what it stands for.
Lots of smart folks here, hopefully someone will nail it soon.
 
Sorry for the reply, the cover was not removable so I had to cut it off unfortunately here is better picsPXL_20221031_212115175.jpg PXL_20221031_212055668~2.jpg PXL_20221031_212042659~2.jpg PXL_20221031_212036375~2.jpg PXL_20221031_212132717.jpg PXL_20221031_212126767.jpg PXL_20221031_212111076.jpg PXL_20221031_212032362~2.jpg
 
Still have no identifiers except for the logo on the speaker cover, no numbers to go off of, it sounds pretty good, not like the km6s in the back, but good. The crossover is unreachable unless I do further damage to the unit and break into the center cavity
 
Interesting, looks like they were going for some sort of time-alignment on the front panel. With that, I doubt that they're white van.

Traditionally, speakers that use socks (what we call an all-around grille like these) have a removable top, it usually can be pried off with a little effort. Then the sock can be lowered without cutting.

The speaker clips on the bottom most likely date them to the late 1970s or early 1980s. Interestingly, the foam on the woofers looks perfect, which you normally wouldn't expect with speakers of this age.

You should be able to get to the crossover by removing the woofer, and if they sound good, it might be worth replacing the caps to get them to sound even better.
 
I've seen the tips come off before so I tried that but it's definitely secure. Followed by about 50 staples on the bottom. Figured probably 70, 80s too with the the clips. Haven't had any experience with white vans so thats good know! Thank you!
I wish I would have updated 5 the capacitor the spl1000s when I did my first refoam, might be an an upcoming project after I build this tube diy kit I wanted to try. I will get to the crossover tonight and post tried various ways of searching between Google search pic and Google lens, and just digging still no idea on logo. Thanks for responding!
 
Here inside woofer, with pics, tape marked E SS
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20221101_041612435.jpg
    PXL_20221101_041612435.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20221101_041600913.jpg
    PXL_20221101_041600913.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20221101_041623376.jpg
    PXL_20221101_041623376.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20221101_041643649.jpg
    PXL_20221101_041643649.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20221101_041733398.jpg
    PXL_20221101_041733398.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 51
I see letters and numbers(?) on the back of one driver, what are they?

To my eyes the logo looks like, looking from above them, two horn type drivers facing each other.
 
I see: unreadable 6 1978
Presumably it's a manufacture date stamp.

I see the 1978 too.
On the other side it looks like another of those "horns" followed by maybe DC
Was hoping for a manufacturer code which might offer some help to identity something, whether driver or speaker or both.
 
Back
Top Bottom