Kahoona
Super Member
Well Shut The Front Door !! The tweeter is a Phillips, but the 8" is a 1979 Fisher !!
Whoda Thunk. They still sound awesome. Hard for me to find a speaker that reproduces well with Black Sabbath to Bach !!!
Lets look at this for a minute. The Belgium made Phillips were used on some really nice English speakers and could be top notch. Back in the 70's Fisher speakers were very well made and in my opinion some were well worth having. They did need a lot of power though. I love some of the older fishers. What you have here is a very interesting bit of history and probably a nice pair of speakers. Given the age I would replace the old capacitors to restore the high end (easy to do) and hit the cases with some clear Restore-A-Finish and sit back and enjoy! Nice find. I love the things that have a story.
Rob