• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nad 3020 Thought's

Oerets

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Nad 3020 Thoughts

Giving a new to me NAD 3020A a audition and WOW ! just 20W ?
Nice surprize , might keep it around for awhile ...
Except for the thump at power on / off and needng a deoxit treatment pretty sweet Intergrated amp ..

Anyone who gets a chance to own one better do it IMHO ....


Barney
 
Register to hide this ad
Try sliding the "soft clip" switch on the rear to "ON" and crank the volume. It is a very nice match with Polks.
 
Thanks for the tip,
Haven't moved it as that's where it was set when recieved. Do you know what the Lab in is used for ?
The thump is slight not to bad , just at power up or shut down , I just make sure volume is low . Seems to me I remember that this was a common complaint with this unit .



Barney
 
Lab in bypasses the rumble filter. The thump is leaky J111 FETS in the pre out. It will get worse. Try and find replacements soon.
 
very nice Integrated. What really started the audio revolution for NAD and all of us audiophiles not going broke in the process. I love NAD gear for everything you get and the one thing you don't....that is broke.Way cool you got your 3020. Enjoy.
 
The thump is leaky J111 FETS in the pre out. It will get worse. Try and find replacements soon.

OK, I'll bite: what are J111 FETS???

OK, I found them.
Are the leads uniform from brand to brand so I can just solder a new one in?
 
Back
Top Bottom