• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NAD 3020i Doesn't work with speakers connected, just clicks.

Throsh

New Member
Hi
I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's which I'm trying to use with my NAD 3020i but for some reason all that happens is there's a loud clicking noise. The NAD works perfectly with headphones so I'm dumbstruck as to what the problem is. I have uploaded a video showing the problem here: http://youtu.be/XDjaMHlHlKk

I would appreciate any help at all!
Cheers.
 
Register to hide this ad
NAD's are nice sounding Gizmos.
BUT they also have all the durability of an Ice cube in the Texas sun.
Usually $200 at a competent Shop (not all are) fixes 'em.. untill next time
 
NAD's are nice sounding Gizmos.
BUT they also have all the durability of an Ice cube in the Texas sun.
Usually $200 at a competent Shop (not all are) fixes 'em.. untill next time

I've heard of their cd players not being reliable, but their amps as well? And I have rarely seen one sell for over $150, and that's here in Hungary, with its inflated vintage gear prices.:scratch2:
 
Hi
I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's which I'm trying to use with my NAD 3020i but for some reason all that happens is there's a loud clicking noise. The NAD works perfectly with headphones so I'm dumbstruck as to what the problem is. I have uploaded a video showing the problem here: http://youtu.be/XDjaMHlHlKk

I would appreciate any help at all!
Cheers.

That sounds strange to me. I have the same amp, and for some reason I've always presumed that the headphone out was fed by the power amp section. (I might be wrong on this.)
 
The clicking sounds very much like the protection circuit activating then releasing and reactivating. I have to say that your video is not much help visually, can you reshoot it with light on the rear so we can see the speaker connections? I agree with the suggestion to unhook the speakers and see if the clicking continues. If the clicking stops, check your speakers for a shorted connection. If you are positive that you have no shorts, and you still get the problem, sounds like a trip to the tech is needed.
 
If you have checked the speaker/thing, and are sure they are not the issue as suggested, I think (?! now that's an oxymoron) the only thing(s) that would make this sound are the 2 breakers E401 & 2 (10mm x 20mm plastic/riveted component standing up off PCB on 2 x quite thick legs). Others more knowledgeable than I, will be able to say if these are relevant to your problem.
 

Attachments

  • NAD 3020i 013.jpg
    NAD 3020i 013.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10
  • NAD 3020i 017.jpg
    NAD 3020i 017.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom