• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NAD 4150 tuner display problem. Help

Satcom123

Super Member
I was just given a NAD 4150 tuner by Musichal yesterday.

The display is nice and bright. Tunes in stations FM and AM. The only thing that does not work is the numerical portion of the display. All it reads is 00.0 in the FM mode and 000 in AM mode.

I opened her up and inspected for loose connections and such. None found. I then pulled the display board and tuning selector board. De-oxed the switches and put it back together. It still does the same thing.

Has anyone come across this type of problem? If so what was the fix action?

I have an opinion that it is probably some IC chip problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated. BTW. I downloaded the service manual. :scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like the display isn't getting the right information, or any information at all for that matter.
 
Oh really. The display didn't light up at all? All I did was plug it in and all lit up and functioned properly but the numerical display numbers. I guess I will really have to study the schematics to see which signals provide for those paths.

BTW Musichal, it was a blast coming over and spending the day with you listening to your fantastic system. Paridime speakers are sure great speakers.

:thmbsp:
 
Dang thing wouldn't even light up at all for me, no fun finding stations without display.

if this receiver is anything like my old 502 CD player, Display is lit by couple of light bulbs. Eventually they burn out and display turns black.
If I’m right, it should be an easy fix…

Cheer
 
Back
Top Bottom