Riccardo77
Active Member
Scored an NAD 7155 for 35 bucks yesterday. My first NAD. Seems lightly used. Wow what sound. I have it in the place that was occupied by my Marantz sr4021. The NAD phono stage and the Marantz are pretty much a tie. Both receivers sound superb and some of the best of my collection.
Considering the NAD 7155 is so highly regarded here I gotta say the Marantz is pretty darn good too. Both are as good as my Nakamichi av-1 and sound better than my luxman r-113. The other very impressive amp is the Rotel rx-855 with the twin power transformers. Has anyone else had recent experience with the NAD? I hear the reliability of these units is not always that great. What do I need to change to keep the receiver going? Right now it is completely functional. It does run hotter than my other amps. The rotel is ice cold after hours of playing.
Considering the NAD 7155 is so highly regarded here I gotta say the Marantz is pretty darn good too. Both are as good as my Nakamichi av-1 and sound better than my luxman r-113. The other very impressive amp is the Rotel rx-855 with the twin power transformers. Has anyone else had recent experience with the NAD? I hear the reliability of these units is not always that great. What do I need to change to keep the receiver going? Right now it is completely functional. It does run hotter than my other amps. The rotel is ice cold after hours of playing.