• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NAD C542 or Rotel RCD-855

kray

HE>i
Subscriber
Which of these players would be better in your opinion? I can get either one for about $120 right now.

NAD
DAC: PCM1732
Mechanism: KSS-213C

Rotel
TDA1541A
CDM-4/19

Seems the Rotel DAC is a legend, but the Nad mechanism could easily be replaced cheap.

Thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
The NAD is a far better sounding player. I had a dealer who sold both and we both bought the C542 which I enjoyed for a couple of years. I still have a modded Rotel RCD 971.
 
Argh. The buy it now went away since someone bid on it. Now I have to wait 4 days
 
Back
Top Bottom