plbeard
Active Member
I am really curious about the Nagaoka N-MP1.0--mono
(for pre-1967 Lp /45s) --
as the Naga MP series is already somewhat low compliance, (suitable for a heavier-armed mono set-up)
and those MP series carts are quite nice, and this mono cart will snap onto any of them--
when I recently noticed they have a 1.0 mil spherical for pre-1967 mono, I got very interested in it--
I'd like to hear a report on it vs. the Ortofon D25M, also a budget spherical 1.0 mono
that gets a good reviews here.
Any reports on the Nagaoka for Lp Mono, a red guy marked N-MP1.0?
Any reports on what it sounds like with post-modern mono (e.g., the 21st c. Beatles or Stones mono)?
(I would use primarily for vintage, pre-1967 mono, but am curious to know what happens
if a 1.0 stylus plays a 21st c. mono disc.)
(for pre-1967 Lp /45s) --
as the Naga MP series is already somewhat low compliance, (suitable for a heavier-armed mono set-up)
and those MP series carts are quite nice, and this mono cart will snap onto any of them--
when I recently noticed they have a 1.0 mil spherical for pre-1967 mono, I got very interested in it--
I'd like to hear a report on it vs. the Ortofon D25M, also a budget spherical 1.0 mono
that gets a good reviews here.
Any reports on the Nagaoka for Lp Mono, a red guy marked N-MP1.0?
Any reports on what it sounds like with post-modern mono (e.g., the 21st c. Beatles or Stones mono)?
(I would use primarily for vintage, pre-1967 mono, but am curious to know what happens
if a 1.0 stylus plays a 21st c. mono disc.)