• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NAKAMICHI 660ZX .....3 heads ???

PELUDITO

Lennon lives
Hi
Recently i had a big dissapointing, because i won an auction for an NAKAMICHI 660 ZX in good conditions

I have a NAKAMICHI 680 with 3 heads and i can monitoring the recorded sound at the same time i am recording it play.....

This deck, as his owner tells me... can't monitoring the recorded sound ,,,,,,NO NO THIS DECK HAVENT THAT FEATURE !!! says THE SALESMAN :nono:

And i wonder-.......for what a deck have 3 heads if i can't monitoring on line the recorded sound ?

:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

Thanks .... Manuel
 
Register to hide this ad
I thought all of the 680's did. But Nak made some models that WERE 3 head, non-monitoring. 481, 581. They were a little cheaper because they didn't require the seperate Play and Record electronics.
 
Hi Manuel,

According to http://www.vintagecassette.com/modelspage.jsp?product=3129

Direct off tape monitoring is not provided, however, the same Discrete 3 Head Technology and AutoAzimuth Alignment system are used.

so, it seems that the seller is correct. I don't understand why Nakamichi would have avoided the monitoring ability.

Are you going to keep it?
hi Guille !!!
i don't know if i will keep it.....why ? are you interested ? i contact with the seller and you arrange with him !!!
Tell me if want it !!!
Manuel
 
Hm... I'm sure that's a drag... but I know I'd be pretty happy with any Nak deck... you can probably resell it without too much trouble.
 
Back
Top Bottom