• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nakamichi BX300 help please

manjit singh

New Member
Hi Everyone ,

I have just acquired an old Nakamichi deck BX300 in pretty good condition overall . However the idler roller was not working properly and whilst dismantling the deck I have lost the very small white washer and also snapped the Idler plastic rotary arm !! HELP !! Can anyone help me source replacement one together with a new idler tyre . any useful thoughts as I was thinking of getting a 3d print of the rotary arm if I can get the 2 pieces out as a last resort using nylon or plastic ...
 
Register to hide this ad
Good morning...you would probably have more luck asking in the "Tape" or "DIY" forums More eyes from deck users and people with experience in repairs. Welcome to AK!!
 
A friend of mine is working on a replacement / upgrade kit to upgrade to gear drive. It's taking some time but I think he should be ready to sell them in a few months.
 
Was that gear drive kit ever completed and released for sale? I need one!
Unfortunately my friend has health problems and was unable to finish the design. I think he also said certain parts would be too expensive to fabricate.
However, someone is selling a kit on e-bay and there may be more available.
 
Back
Top Bottom