• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nakamichi CD Player 2 suddenly stopped

davstev

Well-Known Member
Hi All,

I was listening to my Nakamichi CD Player 2 this morning. It's new to me, and in great shape, with original box too. Sounding excellent.

This morning, in the middle of a song, it just spontaneously stopped.

From this point on, it won't even read a CD. I put a CD in and I hear a very faint clicking sound with my ear to the player, at the point when it should be trying to read the CD. Strangely, it ejects the tray after failing to read.

No error message is displayed.

New CD player, new problems!

Not what I had hoped for.

Any ideas where I could begin? I am no electronics wiz, but I don't mind taking the lid off and poking around and trying to learn.
 
Register to hide this ad
Check the laser pick-up, I have heard where the lens pops out. Need to clean and replace lens. Also check that the laser sled is free to move, clean and re-lube the rails.
 
Hi All,

I was listening to my Nakamichi CD Player 2 this morning. It's new to me, and in great shape, with original box too. Sounding excellent.

This morning, in the middle of a song, it just spontaneously stopped.

From this point on, it won't even read a CD. I put a CD in and I hear a very faint clicking sound with my ear to the player, at the point when it should be trying to read the CD. Strangely, it ejects the tray after failing to read.

No error message is displayed.

New CD player, new problems!

Not what I had hoped for.

Any ideas where I could begin? I am no electronics wiz, but I don't mind taking the lid off and poking around and trying to learn.

Take a look here. @dr*audio as AK's resident GURU with CDP'S

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...oting-cd-players.440522/page-37#post-15579981
 
Back
Top Bottom