• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nakamichi CD players?

jntit

Super Member
I'm looking to get a cd player, am looking at Nakamichi CDC-4a & MB-4s. I'm looking at NAK based on their great cassette decks and assuming that quality would be carried over to cd players, I could be wrong, of course. Does anyone have any experience with these players? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have some. I got the Soundspace 5 many moons ago as a budget alternative to the B&O stuff and although I was happy with the sound (surprised really) the build quality is not that good. It lasted many years, don't get me wrong, but had very light use and still crapped out. Long before the power supply broke (2011) the changer began having issues.

But since it's NOT the Musicbank system, which SUCKS...you might be allright. I don't have any firsthand experience, but I think the CDC-4a was pretty high up there...maybe even TOTL....
 
I have an OMS-2A that I bought from original owner about 6 months ago. Build quality is good, dac is detailed and musical but a little treble-weighted to my ear, the drawer has a tic where it opens and then closes right away. I have to grab and hold it at max extension for a second to load a disk. Laser seems fine. Bit of a mixed bag. My oldest player is an Onkyo Dx-1400 that is still giong great after 25 years of service. Older NAD player I have is also good but it has half of the display out...
 
Back
Top Bottom