• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nakamichi RX-202

rybenstein

New Member
Hello all!

I'm trying to replace the idler tire in the Nakamichi RX 202 and ran into a snag. I'm trying to remove the left lock arm short screw (the lower of the top two) and it's super tight. I've worked it a bunch with a lot of pressure and am trying very hard not to strip it, but I can't get it to budge. I'm thinking of drilling it out and securing with small zip ties as this goes back together, but I admit that the idea sounds kind of ludicrous to me. I don't think that it's holding much together honestly as the upper, longer screw seems to mount the housing to the lock arm...not the lower, short arm.

Help!
 
Register to hide this ad
you have probably gotten past your dilemma by now but just did my idler wheel (same deck) and (as viewed from front of) my right, short screw was crazy tight. I happened to have about a jillion #1 phillips screwdrivers laying around and went thru them all to find the one i thought would be the snuggest fit. I was finally able to break it loose. had me worried. all is well now since my RX-202 is back to health :)
 
Back
Top Bottom