• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Need help after stupid mistake with Yamaha M60

Today i found:
Transistor #124 open
Transistor #112 short
Diode #118 short

But still, the Bulb stays lit, even though it is getting a bit darker now.

The 150 ohm 5w resistor still gets very wam and transistor #112, #118 & #124 get warm too but its by far not as bad as it was. I even had time to measure the Bias-Voltage.
At the bad channel its 0.01mv...
In the good one its about 12mv

I replaced the 150ohm R now with a 100 ohm 1/4w resistor and that gets hot instantly.
 
Last edited:
These two resisters are R134,R136 and the 100 ohm I assume is R144 in the schematic .

And what did you replace D118 with? Its a 6 volt Zener diode .



img_20260308_231408-jpg.3716890


1773194496725.png
 
Last edited:
I did replace it with a 6.2v Zener Diode.

Update:
When i remove the new 2SA1306 the AMP even goes out of protect.
But that Transistor is good on the tester. (?)

Update:
What the f!
The 2SA1306Y i got is a NPN!!!

I can not beleive it...
I knew this brand is not the best, i read many threads about them but at lest they CONFORM TO JEDEC i thought...
Jeez.. they are clearly labeled wrong..
Its a good thing i always order more devices than i need... One from another charge is okay.

Also today the original used 2 Sanken pairs arrived (from USA (to Austria)) And i did not even have to pay taxes for it :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260312_132510.jpg
    IMG_20260312_132510.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
And now the "original" 2SC2581 are fake aswel, they are 3856... At least "original" Sanken...
Oh my...

For now i left the ISC Semi in. I can now power up the amp without the bulb. It goes out of protect and i can adjust the bias for the good channel. The bad one does not react to any input from VR104. It is always at 0.010mv

Another Update:

I got it running now, two 2.2 ohm resistors had been blown too. Finally its working now.
SO much searching, time and trouble only because of a wrong labeled NEW component...
I wasnt far from giving up.. thinking the pcb was internally blown or open..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260312_135556.jpg
    IMG_20260312_135556.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thank you :)

I got the ISC Semi from reichelt.de - Its a big and good company, i often buy my devices there. I think those isc's were just a bad batch.

The "original" Sanken i got from there:


The seller gave me my money back.
 
Back
Top Bottom