• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need Help Finding Tuner Dial Bulb: Technics ST-7300

jmiles1960

Super Member
Hello folks: I'm looking for pair of replacement dial bulbs for my Technics ST-7300 tuner. I believe they are called "bayonnet" style bulbs, but I may be wrong.

Round, tube-like bulb with contacts at each end.

Marking on bulb: XAMR69P6.3V0.25A

Can anyone recommend where to buy replacements?

Picture of the bulb is attached. Thanks for the help!
 

Attachments

  • Dial Bulb Technics ST-7300_Labeled.jpg
    Dial Bulb Technics ST-7300_Labeled.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
Register to hide this ad
Possibly solved! Found what appears to be the same lamp from Parts-Express. Used Google to hunt down lamps with a matching volt and mA rating. Bingo!

Couldn't tell if it was the exact size, but looks like the same lamp. They are called "Fuse Lamps"...

Other purchasers had used them in vintage receivers so I'm hoping this works out. $1.25 each...

I was going to convert the lamps in the tuner to something else, now I'm glad I kept searching for a replacement!
 
The original is actually a festoon lamp, not a fuse lamp though they can often be interchanged.

Unfortunately, festoon lamps in voltages below 12V are getting damn near impossible to find. Closest to this application I could find was this one:

S6260 ORBITECH - 1.2W 6V 6X28 120740 FESTOON LAMP

but it has a 100 pcs. minimum order and a long lead time.

Probably best to use the fuse lamps you found, but you might also check with the AK resident lamp guru dgwojo.

John
 
Back
Top Bottom