• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need help identifying Horn tweeters

xpert54

Lost in Music
I pulled a set of plastic horn tweeters out of a set of DIY speaker boxes. They have the number 947 printed on the back and have motorola cast in the back of the housing.

I took the tweeter apart and it has a 2" cone driver in it and the part number inside the housing is 42-83720-JO1 or or it could be 42-83730-J0-1. I was thinking about using these as a midrange horn for a set of DIY speakers.

I can find no info on these. As Motorola bought CTS I thought they might have been a CTS Horn but so far no info. There is a built in resistor inside the housing where the speaker is mounted. Any one know where I might get some info on these.
 
Register to hide this ad
Same Problem

Did you ever find a replacement or any info on these I have the same ones in a p.a system I have made by epiphone model electar.
I have 2 one which is blown one has 622 on the back and the other had 632


To help get more people to see the post I will post all the corresponding numbers from the system it was installed in.

MO15 120W 8Ohm
42-83730J01
15-83728J01
15E83729J01

CD&M

Piezo Horn driver Tweeter
3 1/4 x 7 3/8

matched with Epiphone Electar system EPM 8
 
I Am Wondering You Think It should be one that can take 120w max 8 ohms?
I can find ones i can put in there i only fear that it wont be loud enough or to quiet.

I mean do you think this would work?
http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=TW125

Or These
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...f87f5ae&itemid=350278882361&ff4=263602_263622

Im not afraid to modify the hole if the speakers will work.
Also not %100 sure on the 4-8 ohms impedance on the first pair.
what do I do to make sure they run at 8 cause my system that runs them is made for 4 ohms at 300w and 8 ohms at 200w so pretty much if it send 300w I will be looking for new speakers too.

As you can see i'm pretty unsure on the whole thing. Just wanna make sure its a perfect match and That I wont have to add a potentiometer to the line or something.
 
Back
Top Bottom