• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need Help Identifying Unknown Power Amp

RSMRecording

Active Member
Hello,

This is my first post in this particular section on AK, I have been member since 2015.

I have an old power amp kit or homemade unit and I don't have any information regarding its origin. I searched in google for an 1 hour today trying to find a kit manual or vintage AD. I thought it might be Heathkit related, but no results.

The amp is a stereo HiFi power amp with 2 SanKen SI-1050A (50 watts Hybrid Power Modules) and Dektronics 110V, 60 Hz transformer. The amp appears to assembled on a generic metal chassis. See Photos Below for details.

I hope with your help I can figure out what this amp is and does best.

PS: Works great, only a little bit of background hum and super loud.
 

Attachments

  • 20191028_230041.jpg
    20191028_230041.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191028_230047.jpg
    20191028_230047.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20191028_230101.jpg
    20191028_230101.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191028_230253.jpg
    20191028_230253.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20191028_230300.jpg
    20191028_230300.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 51
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom