• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need help on best way to upgrade audio set ups!

I am currently looking for a way to upgrade my audio for both my TV and desk set ups. I have about $500 to do all upgrades so I appreciate the help.



Current set up - TV -> Kanto Yumi -> Polk PSW10



Current set up - PC -> Schiit fulla 2 -> Hd6xx (coming in December) and Klipsch promedia 2.1



So that is what I'm currently working with. Ideally I would like 2.1 set ups in both areas and I have my record player attached to my Kanto Yumis as well and would like to be able to have the connected to the same speakers as my TV.



Geneal thoughts of mine - move Polk psw10 into pc and get vanatoo T0 to replace klipsch then get an upgraded sub to pair with my TV and Kanto yumis?

IMG_4789.thumb.JPG.c5ddb2892817c92f1cfa062db41dfea6.JPG


IMG_4790.thumb.JPG.a358debec7422e5272b25fa0cfc93f04.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
One excellent upgrade involves the use of herbal approaches. Not usually all that cheap, but often highly effective.
 
A free upgrade would be to position the speakers under the TV at the front corners.
One excellent upgrade involves the use of herbal approaches. Not usually all that cheap, but often highly effective.
I feel like I need to definitely get a better sub for the TV - one that gets down into to 10's hz range - any suggestions in the $200 range? Then down the line I'll probably upgrade the Kanto Yumis but I like them for now, really good connectivity options. And I'm pretty set on pairing the Vanatoo T0 with the PSW10 for the computer unless someone can convince me of a better option.
 
your room looks very ''live''.
try some wall sound absorption method like fake draperies, tapestries,
artzy looking throw rugs. use your imagination.
anything to tone down alot of reflections.
drapes on windows. carpet on floor, or big throw rugs, soft pieces of furniture.
try different placements to see whare it sounds best.
 
your room looks very ''live''.
try some wall sound absorption method like fake draperies, tapestries,
artzy looking throw rugs. use your imagination.
anything to tone down alot of reflections.
drapes on windows. carpet on floor, or big throw rugs, soft pieces of furniture.
try different placements to see whare it sounds best.
Yeah we actually just moved in last week and are still getting ourselves settled in - planning to get more onto the walls. Luckily there is already a lot of carpet and we have big comfy couches so there hasn't been too much of an issue with echoing or "boomy" kinda sound
 
You could try speaker stands in TV room. To separate and try different speaker positions. If you have two same height stools, parson end tables etc for no cost trial. Try various sub positions if acceptable. I like as central as possible. But your table makes that difficult. Try in/near corners for more bass. But might get boomy. Could try a large ceramic tile or board under sub.
Edit: Just noticed the door on left. Forget the speaker stand idea. No room on this wall.
 
Last edited:
10Hz for $200, I don't think so. Used will be the only way to achieve anything close to it. For $200 figure on -3dB@30Hz for something decent.

For new reasonably priced decent subwoofers give the Subxxxx series from Parts Express a look.
 
10Hz for $200, I don't think so. Used will be the only way to achieve anything close to it. For $200 figure on -3dB@30Hz for something decent.

For new reasonably priced decent subwoofers give the Subxxxx series from Parts Express a look.
Yeah I did a little more looking after i posted and realized that wasnt gonna happen hahaha. My psw10 is only rated to output around 40 so Im thinking the BIC america F-12 might be a good option? Around $220 and says down to 25hz - obviously thats not exact but I think that extra range will really bring out some more from movies I watch. I was looking at the Dayton as well and I'm thinking the Sub1000 would work nicely in my office when I replace my Klipsch 2.1 promedia set
 
Back
Top Bottom