• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need help on replacement transistors

Bimphert

Active Member
Hello all, I'm looking for some suggestions on possible/suitable replacements for RCA 40409 / 40410 complimentary drivers. The only data I have on them is .7(Ic)/90V - TO-39 case.

They came "welded" to square heatsinks. I can probably re-use the old sinks but am looking for the transistor replacements (same case and same pin-out).

Any help/assistance is appreciated!


Thanks;


B-
 
Register to hide this ad
HI,

Try this site: It's an on-line transistor and replacements finder.

The site is in spanish: you need to search for your transistor (Busca un transistor:), then choose from the found items (Resultados de su búsqueda >> Ver ficha), and the suggested replacements appear at the bottom (Equivalencias). Then you can go to www.alldatasheet.com , compare specs, and choose the better match.

(http://www.reparacionlcd.com/transtandar.php)

The site suggest**BD 139, BD 230, BD 529, BD 829.

(No affiliation)
 
Last edited:
Have you tried googling them?

Ummm, Yeah! That was the first thing I did! Problem is, I found about 15 different "answers" from people/sites I don't know or trust (to be perfectly honest).


I figured that if I asked here, I could at least trust the advice/suggestions.






HI,Try this site: It's an on-line transistor and replacements finder.The site is in spanish:(http://www.reparacionlcd.com/transtandar.php)

The site suggest**BD 139, BD 230, BD 529, BD 829.

Yeah, thanks elnaldo.... I've actually used that site before.... it looks extremely helpful.... if I only knew how to read/speak Spanish!!! :yes:




Thanks;


B-
 
I have used 2N3440 and 2N5415 as replacements, but that was several years ago and I don't recall equipment brands/models. These transistor types are still available, if you wanna give 'em a try, but it's a pain to attach heatsinks unless you get the right hardware. I see that Mouser has some stock.
 
Second the 2n3440 and 2n5415. Used in almost all the Hafler amplifiers. Equal or better specs - 1A 200 Volt. Same case and pin out. Just need the heat sink, which is what you wanted to do in the first place.
 
I have used 2N3440 and 2N5415 as replacements, but that was several years ago and I don't recall equipment brands/models. These transistor types are still available, if you wanna give 'em a try, but it's a pain to attach heatsinks unless you get the right hardware. I see that Mouser has some stock.


Second the 2n3440 and 2n5415. Used in almost all the Hafler amplifiers. Equal or better specs - 1A 200 Volt. Same case and pin out. Just need the heat sink, which is what you wanted to do in the first place.



Thanks for the suggestions.... I will give them a try. I managed to get some original RCA's but will purchase the one's you suggested for back-up!

Thanks; :thmbsp:


B-



`
 
Back
Top Bottom