angelaudio
Super Member
Hiya folks,
I’ll have to start off with an apology because I know this subject has been covered many times but it confuses me still so I might need some hand holding along the way.
I just acquired these Acoustic Research A5 Hi Res speakers and they have a powered subwoofer and I can’t figure out how to connect it to my system. I have mostly vintage gear, so nothing with ‘sub out’ rca connections. I’m using a solid state preamp with regular rca outs to my marantz 170dc power amplifier.
In addition does anybody know where I can find the power cords for these things. The guy who traded me didn’t have them and he just gave me some wanky cord he found laying around the garage. Right under the power cord attachment at the speaker it says “117v ~60hz 250w Only”
Many thanks in advance!
I’ll have to start off with an apology because I know this subject has been covered many times but it confuses me still so I might need some hand holding along the way.
I just acquired these Acoustic Research A5 Hi Res speakers and they have a powered subwoofer and I can’t figure out how to connect it to my system. I have mostly vintage gear, so nothing with ‘sub out’ rca connections. I’m using a solid state preamp with regular rca outs to my marantz 170dc power amplifier.

In addition does anybody know where I can find the power cords for these things. The guy who traded me didn’t have them and he just gave me some wanky cord he found laying around the garage. Right under the power cord attachment at the speaker it says “117v ~60hz 250w Only”
Many thanks in advance!