• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need Help with Monster Technics SA-1010 (stuck in protect mode)

Those Toshiba power transistors do not look like ones that I have seen before of the same numbers. Are they original or have they been replaced before? Those are commonly counterfeited and sold on ebay, etc.
 
Those Toshiba power transistors do not look like ones that I have seen before of the same numbers. Are they original or have they been replaced before? Those are commonly counterfeited and sold on ebay, etc.

Those are original- seen the exact same in SU-V8 SE-A5 SA-818 SU-V6 etc
 
I live in the right state for it, but unfortunately, have to work tomorrow. I do have some Kraken Rum.

Good luck on the repair, OP. Listen to these folks, they'll steer you to the promised land.
 
Those Toshiba power transistors do not look like ones that I have seen before of the same numbers. Are they original or have they been replaced before? Those are commonly counterfeited and sold on ebay, etc.
All original, I’m the first to change components on this unit.
 
thank you so much for all the help SVI2004A. All replacements have been ordered. When they arrive I will install and see what happens! I will post an update then.:thumbsup:
 
Are they NTC - I’d have to check it against originals... these curb thermal runaway by decreasing bias as temp increases.

Some seem to be here

https://www.questcomp.com/part/4/ERTD2FHL103S/182059708
This is what I got from Amazon:
Uxcell a14092200ux0209 50 Piece 10K Ohm 0.05W 3435B NTC Thermistors Resistor, MF52-103 Type
Product features
  • Product name: NTC thermistor; model: mf52-103; insulation material: ceramic
  • Color: black; rated power: 0. 05W; resistance value: 10K Ohm
  • B value: 3435(+/-1 percent ); pin Pitch: 1. 5mm / 0. 059 inch
  • Pin Size: 0. 3 x 27 mm / 0. 01" x 1. 06" (DEL); body Size (approx. ): 2 x 2 mm / 0. 079" x 0. 079" (d*t)
  • Weight: 6G; package content: 50 pcs (+/- 2 percent ) x NTC thermistors


Product description
The NTN thermistors are ethoxyline resin-enveloped thermistors in small size. Used for temperature measurement. Applications: air condition equipments, heating apparatus, electric thermometers, liquid level sensors, automobile electricity, electric table-board, battery of mobile telephones, etc.

 
Back
Top Bottom