• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need help with PL-61

Phatz

Phatz
I just retrieved my Pioneer PL-61 from the attic, the drive belt was melted to the platter. I oredered a new belt and a Grado black. I don't have the info on adjusting my tt tone arm. I just know there are two weights, one in the back and one on the side and an anti-skating adjust. I do not have the manual, can anybody advise on how to adjust the tone arm?




I am Phatz and I approved this message.
 
Register to hide this ad
Adjusting the tonearm is the same on virtually all tonearms. But over at the library section at vinylengine.com is the manual for the PL-50 which was the model just one down from yours for the same model year (1972) and therefore should be very similar and provide you with all the info you need.

EDIT: Actually, it may not be that identical, but the info on tracking force and anti-skate will be the same.
 
Pl-61

Thanks Howard,

I will check it out. You have much knowledge in your head! I haven't spun a reocord since about 1972 either. There was so much music back then, it seems to be missing now. I want to record some of my albums onto CD. Is this possible and what type of software would I use?
 
Yes, it is certainly possible. I just use a couple of old analog recording programs, Cool Edit and Sound Forge, because that's what I've used for years and am used to, but there are more current and user friendly programs out there. My suggestion is to either do a search in AK or post another thread asking the question and lots of others will chime in.
 
Welcome to AK. Many posts on burning LP to digital.

I use the Xitel "Inport" product (xitel.com) along with "LP Ripper" software that comes with it.

I edit and burn with Nero. Honestly, though, it is quite a bother unless the LP is out of print. Plus, if you get your TT set up right, you may not want to stray from vinyl.

Ken
 
Back
Top Bottom