• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need HELP with Yamaha C-1

lmfree

Active Member
I just picked up a Yamaha C-1 and hooked it up to my UC1/B1 to test it out. It appears the right channel is out in all three phono stages. If I crank up the volume high enough I can get a very faint signal from the right channel. I tried multiple TT's and tried reversing the +/- RCA jacks to eliminate a TT problem but it is always the right channel that is out. The Tuner, AUX and Tape Inputs all play normally. Anyone with some direction or names of people who could check this out for me. I'm near Allentown, PA.
 
Register to hide this ad
work all of the phono stage switches back and forth, one by one, while listening and see if that makes any difference. if it does, then most likely it is that switch. if not, it still still could be a switch, but it will be harder to figure out which one is the problem.
 
But I hear there are large deposits of unobtainium in the mid west.....specifically in Iowa and Missouri.....I will try to remain optimistic:banana:
 
i've got a fair amount invested in unobtanium Yamaha already here in Iowa. better try Missouri!
 
But I hear there are large deposits of unobtainium in the mid west.....specifically in Iowa and Missouri.....I will try to remain optimistic:banana:

Avatar-Unobtanium.jpg


The situation is getting really drastic. Yamaha unobtainium is now getting major attention. I hear they're raising an expeditionary force to check out rumors of a place that's loaded with the stuff...
 
Well the verdict is in but I don't know what the problem is...it doesn't work. I popped the hood and DeoxIT the phono switch(es), left everything dry about an hour and tried everything again. Now I have no phono at all....no left or right...all gone. Time to put the hood back on and consult a professional. I still have AUX, Tuner and Tape....just no phono, which to me is most important.
 
Sorry, I take that back. After listening to the Tuner for about an hour I decided to try the Phono again before I shut things down for the night and now I'm back to the original left channel only....so I'm at least back where I started. Still time to seek a professional.
 
Back
Top Bottom