• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need KLF-20 parts

Greg_M

Member
Just picked up a pair of KLF-20s to replace my KLF-10s and they need a few parts to fix them up.
The biggest thing is one woofer needs to be replaced.
The woofer being replaced still works it just looks weird because it's dust cover was replaced by a smaller one.

A few other minor things.

Got parts?
G
 
Register to hide this ad
If you can't locate a OEM woofer Bob Crites has replacement woofers. I have several stock diaphragms from my KLF-20 if you need one. I use Ti from Crites and Bob's X/O . My first pair had lose motor boards and Klipsch replaced as they were still in warranty back then.
I bet you knew this owning the KLF-10. Good hunting for a stock woofer but if it still works fine leave the grill on and enjoy. :)
 
I looked on the Crites site but could not find woofers for my 20s.
Wouldn't have a handy link would you?
 
Greg
Call Bob he will take the time to talk to you. His replacement woofers for the KLF 20 are close to the Heresy IIRC it's been several years.
Hope this helps.
Louis
 
My bad I forgot he had 12" that fit my Heresy and KLF-30, I forgot my KLF-20 smaller woofer. Tough week had the flu head is still stopped up etc. Maybe Parts Express I use know all these places but that was years ago. Or have it re coned.
 
I'm trying to get the Thiele-Small Parameters for the K-1036 and if I can I might be able to find a woofer on Parts Express that can substitute in the KLF-20.
It would be nice to find a modern driver (that you can still buy).
There's got to be away to win on this situation.
 
Bummer I figured if anyone had you did Moray. Long time, I have been drinking the motorcycle cool-aide again LOL the last two years. My rotator cuff finally healed I can ride my sport touring bike again.
Going to Hope in a few weeks with a Klipsch (LaScala ) friend, weather permitting riding the bikes from Texas.

I found old thread on Klipsch Forum and re posted maybe they can help with the specs.

I still have the CT-125 I purchased from you years ago, tried the CT-120 for a few months with the Crites Type B X/O in my 1979 Cornwalls as my OEM oil caps were going bad. Purchased K77M from a LaScala and trying them with ALK Universal X/O. I really like them a LOT, I can adjust them.My OEM Alinco needed a diaphragms so I jumped down the tweeter Rabbit hole LOL
 
Last edited:
When I talked with Crites he did say he has a new driver for the midrange horn, Kind of expensive at $350 a pair, but available.
 
I need to call Bob Thanks for the heads up.

I use a KLF-C7 for my center between my Cornwall's in the HT room and second one in the bedroom with my KLF-20.

IIRC the mid horn in a C7 is a KLF-20/30 mid horn.It's been 15 years sense I purchased Bob's Ti diaphragms for the tweeters and his larger X/O so I may be losing it LOL I have gotten into Ham Radio addiction too, and have forgotten some of this info . :-(
 
Greg post up how this replacement woofer sounds just in case my KLF-20 ever needs a replacement.

Great forum here I figured someone would post up where to find the specs.

Louis
 
Also looking for one of these Klipsch badges that goes on the bottom of the KLF-20 grill. They just push in to two holes.
Guess this one must have fallen off, Here's what the remaining one looks like.

KLFbadge.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom