• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need more info about Yamaha MX power amps..

FreedomJazz

Member
Hello to all,

Recently I'm researching about 6 multi channel amplifiers, for multi amplify the 3 way loudspeakers that I'm planning to build.

The 80's Yamaha power amps: MX-600, MX-800, MX-1000, are 6 channel amos?

I asking because I noticed 6 speakers terminals, but every description that I found about this amps, do not tell they are multi channel.

Appreciate very much more infos about this amps!

Many thanks, best regards!
 
Register to hide this ad
Already checked the info, Understood now that they are not multichannel, just can be used with more than 1 pair of speakers, not for bi-amp, and tri-amp..
 
If you must have Yamaha, and wish for four to six channels of amplification on a budget, I'd recommend two or three stereo amps.

M-35/MX-35 is low power, but really cheap. M-40/M-45/M-50 are more medium power and also more expensive. The higher power models tend to get even more expensive. You might luck into one cheap, but three matching ones cheap might take years.
 
Last edited:
I'll risk being a heretic here....

Sounds to me like a perfect application for an older 7.x or 9.x AVR with the 7 channel analog inputs. Something like the RX-A2010 would also come with the nifty networking functions that you may or may not already have. You also get independent 7 band parametric EQs on each channel if you dig deep enough into the manual settings..and you can set delays via the distance settings for time alignment if you don't already have that built into your 3-way crossover solution.

A model with 5 channel inputs can be dirt cheap for mids & tweets if you wanted to use a high-power stereo amp for the woofers.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom