I recently bought a pair of Pioneer BS-22 speakers to add to my Pioneer FS-52 speakers as I wanted a surround sound effect. But when I connected the BS-22's to my Yamaha R-V502 receiver, the receiver shut down. This is a protection feature that a lot of Yamaha amps have.
All four of these speakers are 6 ohms, and apparently my receiver can't handle the load. So it looks like I'll have to replace it in order to enjoy the BS-22's.
Someone suggested the Yamaha RX-A680, but I can't find any information about whether or not that would suit my needs. I'm open to other suggestions, too.
Thanks!
All four of these speakers are 6 ohms, and apparently my receiver can't handle the load. So it looks like I'll have to replace it in order to enjoy the BS-22's.
Someone suggested the Yamaha RX-A680, but I can't find any information about whether or not that would suit my needs. I'm open to other suggestions, too.
Thanks!