• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Need Service Tech in Texas Recommendations

mcdmgb

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My MC 2100 lost a channel and I need to have it repaired. I am in Texas and would prefer to keep shipping in-state and within a reasonable drivable distance. McIntosh lists three service centers within 4-hours of me. They are Bjorns Audio in San Antonio, Pyramid Audio in Austin, and Fort Worth Audio in Fort Worth.

Has anyone had any McIntosh repair experiences that you would care to share with any of these service centers, say in the past year or two? I am also open to recommendations for other techs located in these areas if someone has had their McIntosh equipment serviced by a non-McIntosh affilated shop.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
My MC 2100 lost a channel and I need to have it repaired. I am in Texas and would prefer to keep shipping in-state and within a reasonable drivable distance. McIntosh lists three service centers within 4-hours of me. They are Bjorns Audio in San Antonio, Pyramid Audio in Austin, and Fort Worth Audio in Fort Worth.

Has anyone had any McIntosh repair experiences that you would care to share with any of these service centers, say in the past year or two? I am also open to recommendations for other techs located in these areas if someone has had their McIntosh equipment serviced by a non-McIntosh affilated shop.

Thanks
Talk to Les at Fort Worth Audio. Otis is great too. Les has recapped MC1000s and freshened up a MC2500. Also fixed a Yamaha Pro Amp. Otis went through an MC7106 for me.
 
TOM. On Shepard just South off 59 (feeder) a block or so (TV Repair.. 713-520-8084). He is Asian and knows his $tuff.
I'll also suggest another Tom, this one is on Antoine. 290 North several blocks (5003 Antoine) on the Left side of the street
(Save on Sound 713-937-9600).. also Asian BTW. This man is not into digital. I suggest the second man first.
Do not try to see either one of these guys before 11 AM.
 
Thanks. I have used them both. I had Save on Sound fixed my Integra Onkyo amp and pre-amp and I wasn't satisfied with the work and it was expensive. I don't mind the cost but it didn't really fixed the issue which was the right channel was going in and out sometimes. I also had TV repair replaced a couple of lamps on my Onkyo and they did a good job.
 
Back
Top Bottom