• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need some hlep on a Heathkit TC-2 tester

thehorseman

New Member
I have a Heathkit TC-2 tube tester and am trying to find the minimal/new values for the used or new tubes that I test in relation to the tester. Any info would be appreciated, I am pretty much a novice.
thehorseman
 
Register to hide this ad
For minimal/new values, an emission tester is usually set via knobs so that 100 is new, and the yellow/red areas on the meter indicate whether they are about used up or need replaced. That's about as complicated as it gets for an emissions tester like the TC-2.
 
For minimal/new values, an emission tester is usually set via knobs so that 100 is new, and the yellow/red areas on the meter indicate whether they are about used up or need replaced. That's about as complicated as it gets for an emissions tester like the TC-2.
Yes, I agree with Bricktop. It's really just a relative value. Even "new" tubes typically don't hit the 100 mark on the meter. I have the same tester, along with the BAMA supplimentary chart for additional tubes not on the original roll chart. I use a colored sticker with the numeric readings and put it on the tube when I store it. It makes it easier to compare values when your trying to pick the best out of your tube stash. Keep in mind that this type of tester is far from infallable, and isn't an end-all authority for checking tubes. It's just a way of giving you a reasonable guess as to the condition of a tube.
 
Thank you gentleman for your help. I have been asked the question for the values by some eBay buyers of my tubes and I didn't think the numbers were available but wanted to know for sure.
 
Back
Top Bottom