• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need Streamer Recommendations

HamptonT

Active Member
I have tried a Bluesound Node and a Schiit Modi 3. I preferred the sound from the Schiit so I sent the Bluesound back. Is there a cost effective streamer I can use in conjunction with the Schiit? The streaming from the Bluesound and the volume control was nice. I currently use my phone for the Schiit and I’m wondering if there are other options. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
People seem to like the WiiM streamers a lot. The Mini has optical output which you can feed to your Modi. The Pro has coax and line output as well, which seems to be more than you need.
 
If you are using Tidal, the Wiim is a hassle-free endpoint. I now have three of them. Super easy to set up. You don't need any 3rd party apps either.
 
I own both a Wiim pro and Bluesound Node (2022 model)... You buy each unit as a transport source and I would not suggest using the BS's dac. Depending on your budget you can do better than a modi IMO but that is up to you. A wiim pro for 150 and Denafrips Ares II or BF2 would be a nice chain (both ~ 650 used)
 
^^I have been using this set-up for about a week now. WiiM Pro feeding a Ares II, via optical cable. Sound is as good or better than my MacBook Pro I was using until it would no longer support Tidal. (OS was outdated). The WiiM is a nice, economic piece to integrate into one’s system.
 
Back
Top Bottom