• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

need to replace dead Peerless tweeters.

markmark

Active Member
I have a pair of ESS Trans-Linear speakers. The Peerless tweeters are bad in one speaker. I seem to remember reading something about different Peerless tweeters. (get these, don't get those...).
Any help on this?
Thanks,
Mark
 
Register to hide this ad
Ahh..one of my favorite speakers of all time! i had my first exposure to what was then high-end sound in 1971. is yours the Translinear I or II?

the saleman at the demo back then mentioned 2" peerless tweeters and they are still among the best sounding treble drivers ever made.

there was a 3" peerless version as well but you will have to determine which ones you have.

MANY speakers used these like Fulton, RTR, Microacoustics, etc.

they show up on ebay occasionally. somebody here at AK might have some. check around here first.

i once had a fantasy of mounting a Heil on top, but a used pair of Translinears never materialized...
 
I have a pair of ESS Trans-Linear speakers. The Peerless tweeters are bad in one speaker. I seem to remember reading something about different Peerless tweeters. (get these, don't get those...).
Any help on this?
Thanks,
Mark

Pictures please to help ID the tweeters - front and back if possible.
 
Last edited:
Probably a version of the KO225, as used in the McIntosh ML series speakers, and the Rectilinear 3s and such.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Probably a version of the KO225, as used in the McIntosh ML series speakers, and the Rectilinear 3s and such.

Regards,
Gordon.

I was thinking possibly an iteration of the 225 as well, possibly the MT-225, but Peerless made both 2.25" (MT-225) and 2.50" (MT-25) tweeters that were widely used which is why I thought photos might help with an ID since they are very similar in appearance.

http://www.roger-russell.com/driverst.htm
 
Sorry for delay with pics.
A fellow AKer has just picked up the speakers. He already has replacement tweeters.
Thanks for the help,
Mark
 
Back
Top Bottom