• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nestorovic mk III AS5

dusko031

New Member
Hi,
I`m new here, i have pair of reasonably good condition AS5 but unfortunately they are missing some drivers, I`m just curious is there any value in just cabinets is it worth putting some new drivers inside of them? and if it is any suggestions on which ones ? I would use Yamaha mx 1000 to drive them.
 
Register to hide this ad
it was 5AS my bad , I`m at work at the moment i can put some pics on later.

edit:

pic from online
311916-nestorovic_5as.jpg
http://img.usaudiomart.com/uploads/large/311916-nestorovic_5as.jpg
 
Which drivers are missing? If they are the woofers you have a problem. Nestorovic made complex crossovers that used/need woofers with specific massive magnets to work properly. You won't easily find new replacements for them.

Cheers,
James
 
Paul Johnston in the Kent, wa area is the person, that I know of at least, who is knowledgable on Nestorovic speakers, his webpage is down but here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/loudspeakerstore/

I've owned speakerlab S30's in the past which incorporated the netrorovic woofer system, they were very impressive, not sure why I sold them, when I finally find a set for a decent price will jump on them, before everyone else in the Seattle region does.
 
Last edited:
...I`m just curious is there any value in just cabinets is it worth putting some new drivers inside of them?...

Welcome! And YES, please restore these. It's well worth it. Or at least, sell the incomplete speakers, to an AK'er, so that they'll be properly restored and loved! But, if you keep and restore them, you'll have a set of lifetime speakers. Contact Paul Johnston, as noted, to begin the process.

Good luck.
 
I would love to see them restored but I`m from Serbia and it would be impossible to get parts. So they will probably be sold I wouldn't mind selling them to someone who can restore them to original glory.
 
Last edited:
I have the Nesterovic type III's. Paul Johnson fixed my drivers and they sound superb. Try to get them fixed. Well worth it!
 
OK. One mid and both tweeters (the remaining tweeter isn't original, should be a ribbon). That's not so bad. If the woofers were missing that would have been a lot worse. Are the surrounds on the woofers rubber? From the photo it kinda looks that way (the shine in spots). That would be very good.

Cheers,
James
 
At this point you should contact Paul and ask about information regarding the missing drivers. He is a nice enough fellow that he would probably provide enough information to help source replacements that can be found in Europe.

Cheers,
James
 
I contacted him on facebook thanks for pointing him out he is a nice guy. His pair of IV looks amazing. The shiny part of 10" is a rip actually. As far as i can tel surrounds on the woofer are some type of paper covered with silicon but I`m not sure about that so it could be some type of rubber as well
 
These are the ribbons that I've been using for the last couple of years in my Speakerlab 7's to replace the Foster ribbons...

http://www.visaton.de/en/chassis_zubehoer/ht_baendchen/mht12_8.html
https://www.reichelt.de/?ARTICLE=33...MI18KkkrS41QIVi24bCh3uCAnzEAYYASABEgKyP_D_BwE
https://www.conrad.de/de/baendchen-hochtoener-visaton-mht-12-150-w-8-311599.html

Imho they are much better than the Fosters, which I'm guessing is what was in the Nesty's. Ask Paul what they were and if the original tweeters were 8 ohm and 91-92db sensitivity. If so then these will work. You would just need to make an adaptor plate to mount them.

The MHT-12's are flat to below 4khz and silky smooth. I love them. They are hard to find in the USA because there is only one importer for Visaton there and have to be special ordered. But here in Europe they are easy to find. Reichelt and Conrad have the best prices for them that I've been able to find. Both are reputable outfits.

Cheers,
James
 
I contacted him on facebook thanks for pointing him out he is a nice guy. His pair of IV looks amazing. The shiny part of 10" is a rip actually. As far as i can tel surrounds on the woofer are some type of paper covered with silicon but I`m not sure about that so it could be some type of rubber as well

Sounds like the surrounds are foam. Ask Paul, he most likely has replacements for them.

Cheers,
James
 
Refoaming of the dual woofers on the Nesty's can be tricky with some tight tolerances that Paul again can explain.
 
Most likely i will replace tweets and mids but I`m waiting to find some time to open them up and see the condition of 8" and 10" closer asses damages.
 
Back
Top Bottom