• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Never know what you will find on a "shopping" trip(as in "curb shopping")

rca2000

Super Member
Tonight, it was raining. Foggy, nasty, in general. There have been several shootings not too far from my home, in the last few days, and the garbage area tonight, is right in the heart of things. So-- given all of these reasons, one would not expect, that on a night like this, the curb would yield amuch of a good find. Maybe a 27" or bigger tv, but no "good stuff", (as in vintage audio, or video)


WRONG!!!!!!!!!! in North College hill, tonight, I found a Peavey special 130 Guitar amp, with a 12" or so Scorpion speaker. Now, it looks pretty good, all knobs present and all, missing only the peavey logo from the front. In the rear, there is a large sink(NOT a tube amp... sigh...),, power tranny, and a reverb unit at the bottom. It is still in the van, at the moment.


Never, in a MILLION years,, did I expect to find one of those!! Now, I am NOT a guitar player, at ALL, and so, I do NOT plan to keep it. Pictures will be coming, probably tomorrow, and I will try to check it out, a little, with a "finger test" It is rated at 130w. out, 300w. power draw. looks pretty "bad," to me(as in mean)!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Now you'd never, EVER find one of those in Price Hill. Just empty bullet casings. I grew up on Iliff Ave. right next to Gellenbeck where it's the worst. Well....short of the West End.

Now living in Eastgate.......
 
that is a cool find, i know a guy with one here who blew his up, he's looking for a new chassis!
 
Not a bad find. Here is what the blue book says (yes they have one for musical inst. also):

PEAVEY
GTAMP, SPECIAL 130
Description: 12" SCORPION SPEAKER
Manufacture Years: 1982 - 1989
Additional Information:
Power: 130 WATT
Retail
MSRP: $400.00
USED: $240.00
Wholesale
Mint: $140.00
Average: $85.00
 
My shop is deep in the hood. Found a white out line of a body when I went to work, does that count?

Last year found a cut off double barrel cut down shotgun shoved under my garage door. I had the gap filled that was under the door.

If you hear the report, you are safe. One that you don't hear is the one that will get you.

Cuda Ken :thmbsp:
 
It's alive!!(at least, somewhat).

The amp dried out a couple of days, and I brought iit in, checked it out. Power!! And ,with a finger on a mic cable, I get "hum". NO hum, without an input(I assume this is a good thing). NOW-- my question is-- how loud should I expect the hum to be, with just my finger on the input?, and, can I hook up some other input, like a cd player, or somethnig like that, to check it better?
 
Depend's on the gain setting. Gain is to over drive the amp to make the sound drity. Oh, that is for rock and roll.

Funny if you think about it. Being Audophiles we want the power as clean as we can make it so we can play music that is over driven to make the sound drity :scratch2:

Guess there is a reason I like Classical the best, Bach had no amp's! :banana:

Cuda Ken, playing my Gibson again :thmbsp:
 
Ken-Didja keep the shotgun? What kind was it? Don't tell me it was a Browning or Beretta-I'll cry. If it was a Krieghoff, we need to hunt down whoever did this & beat 'em senseless! -Sandy G.
 
Sandy G said:
Ken-Didja keep the shotgun? What kind was it? Don't tell me it was a Browning or Beretta-I'll cry. If it was a Krieghoff, we need to hunt down whoever did this & beat 'em senseless! -Sandy G.

Sandy - you didn't mention Holland and Holland... (!) :naughty:
 
Yeah, you're right H&H & Purdey are another 2 that the guy oughta be beat to death for defacing... I got to shoot a 375 H&H magnum 4 times once. That was 5 too many...-Sandy G.
 
Have no clue as who made the Shoot Gun. One of my dump ass emeployees picked it up and I called the police's. Washed it down while I had gloves on. Dumb ass Mike was on parole and no ballistic test for a shot gun. Good guy but not bright, picked up a 9MM he found in a alley that was used in a Robbery. Spent 2 years for that one.

Black and Dumb, must be your gun where I work.


Cuda Ken
 
Back
Top Bottom