• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Alarm System...........

usedto

Lunatic Member
In light of being broken into twice in the last 10 days, I decided to install a new alarm system. I wanted to wait until we had the fence completed, but this system came up on CL so I picked it up today.

Although it's two years old, it seems to have all the latest-greatest accessories. It has some of the basic things programmed by the previous owners, and seems quite receptive to upgrades. The wife and kids are already quite well versed in the operation, and I'll soon learn most of it myself.

In my opinion, the visual aspects of the system seem to relay the build quality I want in a system. I haven't heard the audio alarm itself, but am quite sure it will be adequate. After a few days use around the immediate house area, I plan on expanding it's usage to the whole 7 acres. I'm not sure exactly what brand it is. Possibly a prototype, or one-of-a-kind. Doesn't matter. I think it will work just fine.

So, what do you think of Max? Here's a (poor quality) photo from the CL ad...............
Max.jpg




P.S. It has an optional system the automatically retrieves tennis balls!!!


...
 
Register to hide this ad
It's a nice system, but make sure you're ready for the upkeep and visits with the service tech.
 
It had a full-service checkup in March.

I forgot to mention that the pair of optional plug-in modules were removed shortly after original purchase. He seems to work flawlessly without them, and there will be no worries about unnecessary cross-contamination.
 
We have smaller systems but they work pretty well. Except the mailman laughs at them when they sound the alarm.

Enjoy your new pet!
 
Here is an alternative burglary defense tool. It'll help get them to the big pawn shop in the sky rapidly. They can even keep the dollars worth of lead. No problem. :D Step into my house uninvited. Screw the dog, beware of the owner!
 

Attachments

  • Kimber.jpg
    Kimber.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
I have a similar system. It's totally worthless when no one is home. The new one fills that void.:thmbsp:
 
Here is an alternative burglary defense tool.

Extremely effective, esp. if you get burgled while at home, and only if the burglar actually enters your home around these parts.

I'll take the pup as a deterrent.

Nice system, BP.
 
Nice, Larry - and I'm flattered that you named him after mine. blush.gif

Should work great for your application - mine has also had the optional plug-ins removed, I have seen only improvement! :thmbsp:
 
That's the best alarm system ever made. We've got 400lbs of alarm system spread over 3 dogs, works like a charm.
 
Dogs are a great deterrent for sure.

Did you do the other stuff like lights and beefing up the door locks/striker plates?

Dave
(in the alarm industry since '99)
 
Sure did, Dave. Also installed a photocell in the garage for the time being. We're armed should the situation ever arise, but I think the current group of thugs will curtail their activities with the appearance of Max. I would.
 
That's not an alarm system... That's a DOG. They are a serious long term commitment. Make sure and take care of him and love him and he will take care of you and your family tenfold. Please don't just think of him as just an alarm system. Max looks like a good boy and a shepard to boot. That means he's probably smart and eager to protect you guys. Congatulations.:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Please don't just think of him as just an alarm system. Congatulations.:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

For his first few days we'll have him on a small run that will reach from the back porch to my office. Right now he's laying on my office floor listening to a little Coco Montoya with me.

Does that tell you what you need to know?:D:thmbsp::thmbsp::D
 
For his first few days we'll have him on a small run that will reach from the back porch to my office. Right now he's laying on my office floor listening to a little Coco Montoya with me.

Does that tell you what you need to know?:D:thmbsp::thmbsp::D


So what your saying is that he's disarmed right now (or at least on standby...:D).:thmbsp:
 
I hate to hear about good people being robbed. The no good, sorry, worthless bastards deserve their teeth kicked in. Good people work their asses off, saving, purchasing what they can afford after the bills get paid, hoping to have a good life, and trying to be decent, caring contributors to the community. Robbers are the scum bags of the earth, lower than whale ****, to lazy to work, drug addicts more often than not, and look at the rest of us as targets for their pillage. Dog or not, if I ever catch a robber inside my home, the only thing he will leave with is a body bag donated by the state, and a couple ounces of lead donated by me.

When I read your post I felt two emotions....rage towards the asshole(s) who violated the sanctity of your home, and heartache for you and your loved ones who have endured this insult and loss. Through my lifetime I have had a number of things stolen from me, never to be seen again. Not one single item was ever recovered, and no one was ever prosecuted. I know the frustration, and anxiety. The hole in your gut never completely goes away. I hope it never happens to you again. I hope the idiots who did this to you meet their maker at the next home the enter without permission.
 
For those of you who didn't appreciate my attempt at humor with the reference to a new "alarm" system:

I don't think people "own" pets like quite a few think. I was raised on a ranch, and animals were an integral part of life, pets or otherwise. I have had a companion dog almost all of my 58 years. Our previous dog was allowed to run free, but we taught him to stay on our property. The second time the neighbor's dogs tore him up ON OUR PROPERTY to the tune of $800, he got a little too protective of the house and property for my business and visitors. Luckily I found a dairy that wanted a dog just like that.

Max has a great temperament, but he also has the "stuff" to survive in this area if need be. As far as taking care of him, I will guarantee all of you that he will probably have a better life than some of the children my teenage kids have gone to school with.

I hope that clarifies my intentions and capabilities as a dog owner.:thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Knowing you Larry I suspect your new alarm system will become your constant companion with each of you being loyal to the other. Enjoy your new friend.

Jim
 
Back
Top Bottom