• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Amp Build

Sprags

Well-Known Member
I'd like to build an amp based on an amp design discussed at the DIYAudio web site. I realize its not going to have all the fancy bells and whistles and controls and buttons the 70's vintage gear has but from what I've read it will have an excellent sound. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
What build are you looking at? Aleph J, F4, F5, F5 turbo (one of the variants), Burning Amp? What are you going to use for a preamp? What are you going to be driving (speakers)?
 
My plan is a BA-3 complimentary...using both the amp and preamp capabilities so in effect I'd be build an F4 Class A Integrated Amp.
 
Go tubes and try George Allen's SSE, it's over there on the same website. It's class A all the way, you will not be disappointed.

Cheers,
Bob
 
I don't think you could go wrong with the F5 or any variant of it.





Unless you went with tubes.:scratch2::D
 
I'd like to build an amp based on an amp design discussed at the DIYAudio web site. I realize its not going to have all the fancy bells and whistles and controls and buttons the 70's vintage gear has but from what I've read it will have an excellent sound. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions? Thanks.

Don't take this the wrong way since you did ask for advice and suggestions.

If anyone is going to help you don't you think you need to supply more information than that you would like to build an amp? That is the only information you give in your original post.

As subsequent posts have pointed out much more information is needed. You can never supply too little information when asking for help. Good luck.

cubdog
 
Back
Top Bottom