• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Elac 4" Book shelf speaker Model BS41-BK

Since Amazon played with the pricing of the Elac BS41 and since in the beginning I paid $109 for an original returned product; I sent them back and ordered a new pair for $40 less ... they are here and now I am letting them warm up to room temperature. So I guess that means that I liked them enough to buy them again!
 
This is the Elac BS41 with the tweeter grill removed


20220219_122442-jpg.3242679
 
Since Amazon played with the pricing of the Elac BS41 and since in the beginning I paid $109 for an original returned product; I sent them back and ordered a new pair for $40 less ... they are here and now I am letting them warm up to room temperature. So I guess that means that I liked them enough to buy them again!


It's so ridiculous that Amazon won't price match themselves and you have to send something back and re-buy it. Seems extremely wasteful on their part.

Any different (better) sound with the tweeter grille removed? On the original Debut series it helped in some areas but made others worse. I ended up putting the tweeter grilles back on.
 
It's so ridiculous that Amazon won't price match themselves and you have to send something back and re-buy it. Seems extremely wasteful on their part.

Any different (better) sound with the tweeter grille removed? On the original Debut series it helped in some areas but made others worse. I ended up putting the tweeter grilles back on.
yes Amazon is strange on that and should do better with Prime members ... it will still be about an hour before I fire them up ... waiting for the cabinets to come to room temperature
 
Any different (better) sound with the tweeter grille removed? On the original Debut series it helped in some areas but made others worse. I ended up putting the tweeter grilles back on.
In general, they are sounding better to me with the tweeter grill removed ... more to my liking
 
I think that I have found my happy place with the Elac BS41 speakers ... in my room even with them about 12 inches from the back wall and even more from the side walls, the rear port was a bit too much ... a sock in the port effects it too much ... so I put Poly-batten in the rear ports, that way some air can still pass through ... so with that and the tweeter grill removed this is an all around better sounding speaker and some good sounding budget-friendly speakers
 
Well one more time ... Well after doing more so called analytical listening today ... I decided that after taming the sort of over-ripe port, that the overall sound seemed to be a little off balance ... so I put them Tweeter grills back on and this brought more overall balance ... So for me with the port full open, the tweeter grill needed to come off ... And with the port tamed the tweeter grill needs to be back on ... all in all for me, this is an impressive set of budget speakers and they are keeping the modified Cambridge speakers out of duty for now.
 
Aaaaand now back up to $149. Amazon never ceases to amaze me, lol.

I may try the grille off trick for myself but on every set of original Debuts I did it with I always liked it more with the grille on. Somewhere there was a frequency graph showing the differences and folks arrived at the conclusion that it added too many negatives with the positives.
 
Aaaaand now back up to $149. Amazon never ceases to amaze me, lol.

I may try the grille off trick for myself but on every set of original Debuts I did it with I always liked it more with the grille on. Somewhere there was a frequency graph showing the differences and folks arrived at the conclusion that it added too many negatives with the positives.
As the Amazon World Turns ... the tweeter grill on or off is more of a preference to the individual, there is some positives and minor negatives either way ... but easy to take off and even easier to put back on
 
Back
Top Bottom