• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Emerson Lake & Palmer 45 collection

Register to hide this ad
A Genesis box like this would be cool. Back in the 80's I collected many of the $$$$ early Genesis pic sleeves.
 
I'd definitely be interested to hear the sound quality. I'm not really a 7" disc person, though. Can't imagine they would sound better then the OP's. If I had them I might record them all to a reel.
 
Considering that ELP was not really a singles band in the first place , this seems like something I would play maybe once and that would be it.
 
Since I have very nice LP copies of most of their material, I would only buy it for a shelf piece. But probably will pass anyway.
 
Virtually all of these singles were comprised of tracks that were taken right off of the albums that they were released to coincide with. I think only two of them have unreleased tracks on them and those were both eventually released on Works Vol 2, it being a hodge-podge collection of tracks mainly released as singles and outtakes. In all honesty, most ELP's singles are very cheap on the secondhand market and you could buy original pressings for about the same price as this set.
The two most important ELP singles to own, in my opinion are these two as they were released with the songs Brain Salad Surgery and When The Apple Blossoms Bloom... in 1973/74 which was four years before they went into wide distribution on Works Vol. 2.
003.jpg
 
Virtually all of these singles were comprised of tracks that were taken right off of the albums that they were released to coincide with. I think only two of them have unreleased tracks on them and those were both eventually released on Works Vol 2, it being a hodge-podge collection of tracks mainly released as singles and outtakes. In all honesty, most ELP's singles are very cheap on the secondhand market and you could buy original pressings for about the same price as this set.
The two most important ELP singles to own, in my opinion are these two as they were released with the songs Brain Salad Surgery and When The Apple Blossoms Bloom... in 1973/74 which was four years before they went into wide distribution on Works Vol. 2.
003.jpg

I was hoping you would chime in . I know you're quite the ELP expert . I just can't see where I would play these .
 
I was hoping you would chime in . I know you're quite the ELP expert . I just can't see where I would play these .
Haha, thank you. You know I have to comment on any thread devoted to ELP.
No, I wouldn't play them either. I own six of them already and virtually never play those as I have all the music on LP's and CD's. I collect a lot of ELP and even I can't see springing for this set. It's basically just BMG looking to squeeze a little more blood from the ELP catalog that they own the rights to. They'd actually be more desirable to me if they were done in period correct black vinyl rather than trendy colored vinyl.
Singles box sets are getting o be the rage now I suppose, so they figure strike now while the iron is hot.
 
Haha, thank you. You know I have to comment on any thread devoted to ELP.
No, I wouldn't play them either. I own six of them already and virtually never play those as I have all the music on LP's and CD's. I collect a lot of ELP and even I can't see springing for this set. It's basically just BMG looking to squeeze a little more blood from the ELP catalog that they own the rights to. They'd actually be more desirable to me if they were done in period correct black vinyl rather than trendy colored vinyl.
Singles box sets are getting o be the rage now I suppose, so they figure strike now while the iron is hot.
That makes me feel better skipping this 45 set. I suppose it will also ensure it will become highly collectable in the future . :biggrin:
 
That makes me feel better skipping this 45 set. I suppose it will also ensure it will become highly collectable in the future . :biggrin:
One would be much better served spending $142 on the Fanfare 1970 - 1997 box set. The initial run was $150, and it sold out rather quickly. It proved so popular on the secondhand market, often selling for nearly $1000 that BMG reissued it, thus killing the secondhand market.
upload_2022-8-23_14-38-18.png

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom