• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New from Florida (don't hate me because I'm warm!)

guest112

New Member
Hi, everybody. I just joined your forum and wanted to say hello. I've been a music fan for a long time, but haven't had a hifi system in over 20 years and looking to put one back together again. I'm a fan of swing (played it in high school) and classical. And from my name, you might have gathered I'm also a swing dancer. I'll be posting in another thread about recommendations for my new system, and I look forward to communicating with you friendly folks in the future. Thank you for welcoming me into your community. Have a great (and warm) day.
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK, fellow Floridian! Pop on over to the Events & Happenings subforum when you have time; we're trying to get a Florida AK meet going, and the more the merrier.
 
Welcome to AK

We go through the same thing with family members.
In the 60's & 70's here in Las Cruces, NM when it is below zero in the Chicago area where a majority of our family live.
We are originally from Chi. and remember brutal winters.
This winter is right up there if not worse that what we had years ago.
I remember when our suburban Chi. city building code dept. called us up in the middle of the night and told us to shovel the snow from our roof because the snow load was exceeding design limits. And it was still snowing.
We got the kids out and shoveled snow at 3 AM with the kids going up first as they were lighter and would put less load on the roof compared to us old folks.

Paul
 
Thank you for your "warm" wishes. I'm originally from New York and went to school upstate, and I remember winters only too well.

PDM: I remember shoveling snow too, but never from the roof.
Vulture: I'll check that out, thank you.
JHS: I'm from Wellington. And I love that Zenith radio! Your grandparents had very nice taste. Too bad they don't make radio like that anymore. My Model One will have to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom