• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Guy

Retro Stereo

Member
Subscriber
This guy "john schlosser", told me to check this place out. So, after showing up here a couple of nights in-a-row, I decided to become a member. I just knew there might be help for a guy like me! :) If you didn't know already, I am an "AUDIOPHILE", there, that wasn't too bad..... I hear that admitting you have a problem is one of the first steps to recovery, but I have this strange feeling I'm not going to get much help here from you people..... Thank goodness I don't have to go through this alone anymore and I just want to say hi to everyone and thanks for having me. I added a link to my website so you really know how bad I have it.


http://retrostereo.com
 
Register to hide this ad
Originally posted by Retro Stereo
I just knew there might be help for a guy like me! :) If you didn't know already, I am an "AUDIOPHILE", there, that wasn't too bad..... I hear that admitting you have a problem is one of the first steps to recovery, but I have this strange feeling I'm not going to get much help here from you people..... Thank goodness I don't have to go through this alone anymore and I just want to say hi to everyone and thanks for having me. I added a link to my website so you really know how bad I have it.


http://retrostereo.com


hehe...Hi retro...welcome to AK. yea, if you were looking for help getting rid of your obsession with audio you may have better luck elsewhere...maybe flowers.com or so ;)

But...if your ok with being an audiohead...you'll fit right in :)


again...welcome :D
 
HOWDY and WELCOME !!:) :)

We won't make your disease worsen, ....but instead we'll just make you sure, that it's not curable!
 
Originally posted by Shain
HOWDY and WELCOME !!:) :)

We won't make your disease worsen, ....but instead we'll just make you sure, that it's not curable!


Speak for yourself Shain...I know I can stop any time I want to! Yep! I can quit at any time...I don't have a problem...nope. I just choose not to quit...that's all...but I could if I wanted.


:confused: oh sheesh...maybe I do have a problem :confused:

;)
 
My Lady calls it an obsession. As she has a degree in psych and was a Social Worker in NYC and Dallas she has witnessed most mental illnesses.
She says that I am sick but she likes the sound system and thus far hasn't cut off my funds.
As far as I know the position of Chief Bull Loony is still open.
 
holey cow, batman, I was busy reading and almost missed that avatar! cowabunga.

Hi Retro, you'll enjoy it over at the vintage solid state forum.
My only Pioneer's are the SX-5590, the (non-vintage, but a vintage AC-3) Elite VSX-99, HPM-900, CS-C9900, and the ol' CTF 8282.

I may have forgot some.

pete
 
The hobby scares the significant other at first. Then they slowly realize that every night they know EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE. In front of the speakers, and that beats hanging out in bars. They come around in time.

Toasted Almond
 
:grnbounce Hey Retro:beer:

Welcome:huge:

I'm an old "Minnesotan", myself, though I now reside in Southern California.:wave: I'm from a small town southwest of Minneapolis called Chaska. Miss the people, don't miss the cold. :nutz:

I think you'll enjoy this site:yippy:

Happy Listening

:D George:cool:
 
Hey George,
I work with a guy from Chaska, does the name Boecker ring any bells for you. I'm living about 50 miles straight south of Minneapolis in Owatonna. I've been to California and I like the weather, but I don't like the smog, earthquakes, mudslides, fires, cost of living, and the crime. ; ^ ) Just kidding!!! My wife and I are actually thinking about moving to a warmer climate after my kids are out of the house and California has been mentioned.

Greg
 
Welcome Retro,

You'll like it here. I have a Pioneer sx-780 that I revived from a thrift shop - doa. And I have a pair of these newly aquired (old)Pioneer speakers cs-a50.
If it gets too cold in Minn, come down to Phoenix, we are having record heat. S/B 84 Friday.
 
Back
Top Bottom