• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Kansas album

91r100gs

Lunatic Member
Received my Auto-Rip download from Amazon for the new Kansas album "The Prelude Implicit" this morning. The LP is arriving today. Did a quick listen on headphones and it is better than I anticipated. There is no doubt that this is a Kansas album. For a lot of folks "Kansas" is a love or hate affair, but when you live where I do, Kansas gets a lot of radio play. Looking forward to spinning the LP after work today on the main system.

My only concern is the rather different title.
__________
Dan
 
Register to hide this ad
I want to pick it up, been awhile since we've had brand new material...although without Steve Walsh this time.
 
Was a Kansas fan back in the 1970s, recent rehearing of tbose albums is nostalgic and they hold up as a group, but I guess I've moved on in the meantime.
Nonetheless, a new album is intriguing.
 
Got a full listen in during a break from work. This is a 7 out of 10 or so. It not a eight but it not a mediocre 6 either. My feelings are a lot like the first time I listened to Petty's "Hypnotic Eye", and it is in my Top 25 bin now. Can usually tell by the 4th play whether it is going to be in the regular rotation or not. Hope it makes it into the "Peaches" crate.

The weakest part, but not bad either are the vocals, both in singing quality and lyrics, thankfully there are several longer periods where it goes instrumental for a while, and they can be Kansas. Oh, and the vinyl is really nice, very quiet and quite dynamic. Impressed! Everything about the album and packaging is first class. I am about to go play the 2016 "Meddle" and hoping that it in the same class pressing wise.
 
Back
Top Bottom