• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Marantz 7C

snipercharli

New Member
So I've just got my new system setup with a Marantz 7C with wood case, and original telefunken tubes.

Its is in perfect audio condition, but the faceplate is scratched up from when it was in thrown in the corner of a garage with some power tools until I saw it there a few years ago and rescued it. My step-dad knew it was worth a pretty penny, but didn't want to sell it either. So I recently was able to convince him to let me use it until he decides what to do with it!!!

Pictures and the rest of my setup here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2152283
 
Register to hide this ad
I think you deserve to keep it, just from having rescued it!

Are the scratches deep? Can they be felt with a finger?

If not, you may be able to buff them out. I have a technique that's safe and very effective!
 
They really aren't scratches but more divets/dings - they're sufficiently deep that I don't think buffing would remove them. The wood case is in great shape, but I don't think its Marantz (a homebuild?) as the sides extend past the top of the cabinet.
 
Hi,

Nice addition to the system. I'd recommend not having the amp on top of the pre amp to minimize any vibration or potential magnetic fields.

If you want to get a replacement faceplate try these guys:

http://www.classicaudiorepro.com/page8.html

I've emailed them a couple of times but got no response. I know they primarily focus on their high end horn speaker reproductions... so maybe a phone call would be better. They might be at Rocky Mountain Audio fest soon though.

Good Luck
 
Back
Top Bottom