• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New member here

Sax & Guitar

Active Member
Hi,
I am a retired college music professor and professional musician with a strong interest in hi-fi. I have read many threads here about vintage receivers. I have the following:
Pioneer SX-950, which I purchased new back in the late 1970's.
Marantz 2230, which I purchased for $50 some 20 years ago from a classified ad.
Kenwood KR-3200, which I purchased recently from a Goodwill for $3.95, including a pair of KLH bookshelf speakers!
**
Recently, folks seem to be dumping CD changers as they move to iPods, mp3 players, or bluetooth music from their phones. Consequently, I have picked up the following over the last 4 years, for either $5 or $10 each:
6-CD magazine changers -
Kenwood DP-M993
Pioneer PD-M403
5-CD carousel changers -
Sony CDP-CE375
Kenwood DP-R4070
All work perfectly, after some cleaning up.
**
Looking forward to talking vintage gear and speakers here!
Sax & Guitar
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome from Texas!!

We're close in age Sax & Guitar, and I don't MP3, Bluetooth or ipod either, however, I will Wifi from my music server through the Blu-Ray on a second system set up for 2 channel. Nice finds at the Goodwill. There is a thread for folks to post their GW finds around here. Amazes me the things people find in there. Me .... i'm never that lucky.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/best-thrift-store-goodwill-sa-finds.6803/

Garry~
 
Thanks for that heads up, Garry! I will check out that thread.
I passed on a $20 Goodwill 100 cd changer (Pioneer, IIRC) because it was too big to go in any of my systems' locations!
 
Back
Top Bottom