• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New office system



The semester just started today, so I treated myself to an updated office system. I recently picked up an Optonica system and put the amp and tuner in my office along with my Sanyo Plus Q40 turntable and JBL 4406 studio monitors. The Optonica RP-4705 turntable I got with the system impressed me enough to put in the main system for a bit.
 
Register to hide this ad
I had that same Optonica integrated amp back in the day. Bought it new in 1983 I believe. Served me well. Great little amp!
 
Nice. I would decouple the speakers from the table. Even little adhesive rubber bumpers would do.
 
I have an office system update for the start of the academic year. I finally finished recapping my Magnavox 8802, added a switch, cord, etc., and built a simple wooden base for it.




I had a pair of Klipsch KG1.5s in the shed and I refinished them to match the base of the 8802.



I'm currently using my Optonica SM-4305 integrated as a preamp, but have been searching for a preamp to use in this system. I still have the Sanyo Plus Q40 and Optonica tuner as well.



Sounds pretty good and the students seem to like it so far.
 
Back
Top Bottom